British Tripod brand, 3 Legged Thing is launching its new Universal L Bracket. The QR11-LC and QR11-LG are the result of six months of research and development, offering universal compatibility, accessory attachment and flat storage.
The new QR11 comes with triangular pads, designed to tessellate and provide as much surface contact as possible on the baseplate, which translates to more grip and a more secure connection. The base itself is the optimal length for most cameras, enabling more compatibility and better access to cable sockets. It features a quarter-inch threaded hole on the upright, for attaching other accessories, and a strap connector on both aspects. https://vimeo.com/220808896
“I really wanted to produce something cross-compatible with as many cameras as I could. I wanted to make something that is more than just an L-Bracket. Our Mission at 3 Legged Thing has always been to add as much value through innovation as we can to our products, and the QR11 is no exception,” said 3 Legged Thing’s Founder and Chief Executive, Danny Lenihan.
“I also wanted to produce something that was affordable,”said Lenihan. “So many L Brackets are upwards of $150 to $200, which is a lot of money for a student or any photographer, really. It’s important that we are as inclusive as we can be, so that photography enthusiasts, on smaller budgets, can still have the opportunity to use an L Bracket. At $49.99, I think we’ve achieved that.”
The QR11 also has another neat trick – it can be disassembled in seconds, using the included multi-tool (3LT-TOOLZ) and stored flat, making it easier to transport and stow. It also comes in two colour options: Equinox Copper and Eclipse Grey, to suit your style.
So, what's so innovative?
There are a number of innovations and design elements that make this one of the most desirable pieces of hardware on the market.
- Sling strap compatibility - BlackRapid and other sling straps can now attach to the upright aspect via the 1/4" mount, enabling normal use on both sides without having to remove the strap
- Accessory attachments - The same 1/4" mount can be used for any number of accessories, including magic arms, microphones, cold-shoe adapters, action cams etc
- Strap connectors at both ends - Will house any strap, including Peak Design anchors and connectors
- Disassembles for flat storage - using the included multi-tool, you can take it apart, and slip it into the smallest crevice
- Longer than other universal solutions - fits more cameras and is more easily adjusted to enable access to battery and cable doors
- New, tessellated triangular grips - provide much stronger surface cohesion, for better grip and stability